Wednesday, November 2, 2016

How REAL moms get it all done

Mom2MomEd Blog: How real moms get it all done
I bet if I look at your Instagram, your house looks picture perfect. Your car is clean. You serve your family delicious and nutritious meals with proper table settings and linens. Your kids rooms are sweet and immaculate. 

Am I right?

I bet the reality is a little different though.

I'm guessing your car is clean because you JUST cleaned it.
Your delicious and nutritious meal with proper table settings and linens was met with looks of scorn and refusals to eat half (or all) of what was served.
Those sweet, immaculate rooms were a mess minutes later when the tornadoes called children ran through.

Am I right?

Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Snapchat....they all make it look like we are "getting it all done" and are perfect. 

I'm getting it all done...aren't you?

NOT!

I'm not getting it all done, and I'm betting you aren't either. 

The answer to "How to get it all done" is to NOT get it all done.

As I write this, I can see a pile of dirty dishes, a bigger pile of clean but unfolded laundry, a stack of papers to sort through. I can also see random crap kind of strewn about on almost every surface of our small space. I have a to-do list a mile long, and always growing, and an even longer list of worries and concerns. 

I also have a teenager, two dogs, a full-time job, Mom2MomEd, and a million other responsibilities. Oh, and I'm a single mom. 

I'm betting you have similar piles around your house or in your car, an equally long to-do list, and so on.

Life is NOT perfect and most of us are NOT getting it all done, ya know?

I do work hard to get done as much as I can, but at the end of the day, as long as:
  • My son is fed, clothed, and cared for...
  • The dogs are healthy and cared for...
  • And we are making progress towards our goals...

We are doing OK and I don't need to be "getting it all done."

I wish I could get more done, but there are only so many hours in the day and we all only have so much energy and so many resources.

Moms, give yourselves a break! Love the life you DO have and accept what you CAN do and get done. 

And, while you are at it, we want to see your mom-mobiles on Instagram! Snap a pic of the REAL interior of your car--not the cleaned up, picture perfect version--and post it to Instagram with the tag #thismomscar!

Here are the interiors of our cars:
Mom2MomEd Blog: real cars of real moms
The back of Malea's mom-mobile....

Mom2MomEd Blog: real cars of real moms
The back of McKenzie's mom-mobile...

Let's see what you have!
We'd love to have you stop  by our Etsy shop:
http://mom2momed.etsy.com

Check out these other great blog posts too:
http://mom2momed.blogspot.com/2016/08/life-happens-its-not-all-pinterest.html

http://mom2momed.blogspot.com/2016/07/4-things-i-am-not-doing-this-summer.html

http://mom2momed.blogspot.com/2016/07/5-self-care-ideas-for-busy-moms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment